1. Cover your skin especially if the heat is low in humidity and also to reduce water loss from evaporation. Also creates a cooler microclimate around your body and protection from sunburn.
2. Stay cool by wetting you clothes with water. This is my favorite! Why? Because the relief is almost immediate. I like to soak my pants, helps to keep the engine heat from baking my legs.
3. Wear light colors. Darker colors will absorb the sun's rays and be warmer than light or white clothing, which reflects light and heat.
4. Stop frequently to rest and refresh your self with a drink of water. Try to find shade and cool down.
5. Fluids, fluids! Drink lots of fluids! Drink more fluids (nonalcoholic), regardless of your activity level. Don
Extreme Heat Motorcycle Riding Tips
I love to ride the twisty's in eastern Oregon. In the summertime some of my favorite roads are in areas known for extreme heat. Here are some things I do to battle the heat when I am out riding.5557 News Jun 28, 2010
Heat, Safety, Weather, Hot, Street, Motorcycle, Tips, Track, Heat Stroke, Riding Tips,